Attack

Kevin Smith Reveals 43-Lb Weight Loss After ‘Massive’ Heart Attack

Kevin Smith Loses 43 Pounds Heart Attack
Kevin Smith after his 43 lb weight loss. Courtesy Kevin Smith/Instagram

Looking good! Kevin Smith updated fans on his health and revealed that he’s close to his goal of losing 50 lbs since suffering a heart attack in February.

Celebrities’ Weight Loss and Transformations: Before and After Pictures

“Today, I am down a total of 43 pounds! Only 7 more pounds until I’ve shed the 50 my doctor told me to lose following the heart attack,” the Weight Watchers ambassador, 47, captioned an Instagram pic on Wednesday, June 13, crediting magician Penn Jillette and Ray Cronise for kickstarting his weight loss, and Weight Watchers for helping him slim down. “This #wwambassador is now at the absolute thinnest I’ve been since I finished high school! And while I may look a little better, I FEEL f—king fantastic! It’ll be a few weeks, but I’m ready to lose that final 7 points! And when I hit my goal, I’ll let you know where I started.”

Smith made headlines in February after revealing that he experienced a “massive” heart attack backstage at an L.A. comedy show. He recently showed off his weight loss in May, telling his 1.2 million Instagram followers that he’s lost 32 lbs since the traumatic experience.

Celebrity Health Scares

The filmmaker previously opened up about his weight loss journey exclusively to Us Weekly back in April.

Kevin Smith Loses 43 Pounds Heart Attack
Kevin Smith attends TheGrill Special Event With Charlie Collier Of AMC Networks And Special Guest Kevin Smith Presented By TheWrap July 2017 at Montage Beverly Hills on July 25, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California. Greg Doherty/Getty Images

“For me, food was not like fuel. It wasn’t, like, you eat food because it powers your body and you move on,” he said at the time. “I’m an American who grew up in the ‘70s when America figured out, if we start putting more sugar in everything, they’ll buy it. So sugar starts showing up in the bread and everything.”

’90s Nostalgia Photos: Pictures of Boy Bands, Grunge, Throwback Moments

Smith added that he didn’t think he was having a heart attack when it happened, given that he lost 85 lbs three years ago after cutting sugar out of his diet entirely. “I was sweaty, I thought I couldn’t catch my breath, I felt nauseated, but I didn’t think of those as heart attack symptoms,” he explained. “I couldn’t piece it together, but that’s me being incredibly stupid because my mom has two stents in her heart and my father died of a massive heart attack at 67.”

Celebrity News – Us Weekly

Meghan Markle’s Dad Suffers Heart Attack! Won’t Attend Royal Wedding!

There’s been a Royal Change to the Royal Wedding.

And it has us Royally Concerned.

Scroll down to find out which major figure will NOT be attending this wildly anticipated event and to learn the significant effect it will have on the upcoming proceedings…

According to TMZ, Thomas Markle suffered a heart attack last week and has decided it’s best for his health if he does not board an airplane and fly to London.

(A newly-famous recluse, Thomas lives in Mexico and has tried to stay as far away from the spotlight ever since his daughter started dating Harry.)

Thomas initially checked himself out of the hospital in order to attend the Royal Wedding, but he tells TMZ that he’s chosen to remain home for reasons that go beyond his physical well-being.

You see, Markle recently made news when it became public knowledge that he’s been staging various paparazzi photos.

As you may have noticed over the past several months, photographers have captured Thomas buying beer, looking disheveled and not exactly presenting the best version of himself.

He says now that he finally accepted some money from a paparazzi agency in order to set up shots that appeared candid but which were, in reality, staged ahead of time.

He did so partly to earn some cash, but mostly to avoid embarrassing his family with snapshots that depicted him in a negative light.

Now that this information has gone viral, Thomas himself is embarrassed and TMZ reports he does not want to attend the wedding and bring any shame to those involved.

It all sounds pretty darn sad, to be honest.

Markle will at least have her mom by her side when she exchanges her vows this Saturday, but one pressing question now remains:

WHO WILL WALK HER DOWN THE AISLE?

Mere days prior to the ceremony, this is a rather huge issue to not have an answer for at the moment.

The topic of Markle’s family in general continues to be a pressing one.

Simply put, some of her relatives seem a bit… off.

The former Suits star has been the target of wrath from her half-sister for weeks, for example, as Samantha Markle keeps dragging her sibling in the media because she isn’t invited to the wedding.

And her brother also says Markle sucks!

“She’s clearly forgotten her roots. It’s torn my entire family apart,” hr recently told The Daily Mail, adding:

“Meg likes to portray herself as a humanitarian, a people’s person and a charitable person but she is none of those things to her family.”

UPDATE: Samantha now says that she’s the person who actually set up Thomas Markle’s paparazzi photos.

“I have to say I am entirely the culprit,” she said during an appearance on British talk show Loose Women on Monday, explaining:

“As we know the media can take very unflattering photographs of people on their casual days and blow it way out of proportion. I said, you know, the world has no idea you’re getting in shape, doing healthy things.

“They don’t photograph you buying vegetables and PH water. They photograph you as unflattering ways as they can…

“So I said, really you need to show the world that you’re getting in shape and doing great healthy things. So I suggested it.

“There’s a lot of scrutiny that it was money motivated, it was not. It was my suggestion that to benefit him and to benefit the royal family that everyone looked good and they depict you as you are – in shape and doing healthy things.”

Neither of Meghan’s half-siblings will be at the wedding.

They were grown up and out of the house by the time Markle was born and the ex-actress has never really had a relationship with them.

The Hollywood Gossip

Chemical Weapons Inspectors Collect Samples in Syria in Wake of Gas Attack

(BEIRUT) — Chemical weapons inspectors collected samples from Syria’s Douma on Saturday, two weeks after a suspected gas attack there followed by retaliatory strikes by Western powers on the Syrian government’s chemical facilities.

The site visit, confirmed by the Organization of the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, would allow the agency to proceed with an independent investigation to determine what chemicals, if any, were used in the April 7 attack that medical workers said killed more than 40 people.

Douma was the final target of the government’s sweeping campaign to seize back control of the eastern Ghouta suburbs of Damascus from rebels after seven years of revolt. Militants gave up the town days after the alleged attack.

The U.S., France, and Britain blamed the President Bashar Assad’s government for the attack, and struck suspected Syrian chemical weapons facilities one week later.

The Syrian government and its ally Russia denied responsibility for the attack.

OPCW inspectors arrived in Damascus just hours before the April 15 strikes but were delayed from visiting the site until Saturday, leading Western officials and Syrian activists to accuse Russia and the Syrian government of staging a cover-up.

“I won’t find any hope in my heart until the Assad regime is held accountable and eradicated from government in Syria,” said Bilal Abou Salah, a Douma media activist who left the town after the government takeover. He said he feared Russian and Syrian government personnel destroyed potential evidence in the two weeks since the alleged attack.

The OPCW said in a statement that it visited “one of the sites” in Douma to collect samples for analysis at agency-designated laboratories, adding it would “consider future steps including another possible visit to Douma.”

It said the mission will draft a report based on the findings, “as well other information and materials collected by the team.”

The OPCW mission is not mandated to apportion to blame for the attack.

A U.N. security team had scouted Douma on Tuesday to see if it was safe for weapons inspectors to visit. The team came under small arms and explosives fire, leading the agency to delay its mission.

Journalists visiting Douma the previous day, escorted by government minders, experienced no security issues.

Russian ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said the delays to the OPCW team were “unacceptable,” in a statement Saturday.

Douma is just minutes away from Damascus, where the OPCW team is based.

Images emerging from Douma in the hours after the attack showed lifeless bodies collapsed in crowded rooms, some with foam around their noses and mouths.

Abou Salah entered one of the buildings affected by the alleged gas attack the following day and took footage of a yellow cylinder with a gas valve on the top floor. He said it had crashed through the roof and showed a gash in the ceiling where it purportedly came through.

His assertions could not be independently verified. But the cylinder looked like others identified by the international NGO Human Rights Watch at other locations of chlorine gas attacks attributed to the government in 2016.

Raed Saleh, the head of the Syrian Civil Defense search-and-rescue group, also known as the White Helmets, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that his organization had shared the coordinates of the graves of April 7 victims with the OPCW, so that inspectors could take biological samples.

Civil Defense workers evacuated Douma after the attack, fearing persecution by the security services of the government. The government says the group is a terrorist organization. The group, which operates in opposition areas only, maintains a strong position against Assad.

Thousands of people — rebels and civilians — left Douma on buses to north Syria in the days after the attack, believing they could not live under government authority after it retook the town. North Syria is divided between opposition, Turkish, and al-Qaida control.

The evacuations were the latest in a string of population transfers around the Syrian capital that have displaced more than 60,000 people as the government reconsolidates control after seven years of civil war.

U.N. officials and human rights groups say the evacuations amount to a forced population displacement that may be a war crime.

On Saturday, rebels began evacuating three towns in the eastern Qalamoun region in the Damascus countryside, state TV reported.

State-run Al-Ikhbariya TV said 35 buses left the towns of Ruhaiba, Jayroud, and al-Nasriya carrying hundreds of rebels and their families to opposition territory in north Syria.

The station said there could be 3,200 rebels leaving three towns on Saturday. It said the evacuations would continue for three days.

Syrian government forces will take over the towns once the departures are complete.


TIME