Convicted

Lincoln Adim, Current Bachelorette Suitor, Convicted of Assault

Another week, another Bachelorette-based scandal.

And we’re not talking this time about who Becca Kufrin kissed and/or who she sent home on the latest episode of this ABC hit.

Instead, we’re talking about more scandalous behavior by one of the men vying for the heart of this season’s Bachelorette.

Lincoln on The Bachelorette

Following the reveal that Garrett Yrigoyen had shared many gross and inappropriate Instagram messages not long before he was cast on Season 14, we can now report that Lincoln Adim was convicted of indecent assault and batter…

… mere days before the new season premiered last month.

The conviction took place on May 21, with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office saying that Adim – who remains on the show through Episode 4 – groped and assaulted a woman in May of 2016 on board a cruise ship.

He was ultimately given two years probation for these acts.

Press Secretary Jake Wark of the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office has said the following to the media about what transpired with Lincoln in this case:

“The judge ordered him to stay away from the victim and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings per week during those two years.

“If he complies with the judge’s orders, he will not have to serve out his term, but if he fails to comply with those orders or re-offends, he could be ordered to serve out the year behind bars.”

Lincoln Meets Becca

So… a current suitor on the current season of The Bachelorette may face prison time for his inappropriate and illegal actions on board a cruise with a fellow passenger?!?

This is NOT a good look for the series.

Former Bachelor contestant Ashley Spivey wrote on Twitter Wednesday that she was disappointed in ABC and The Bachelor for permitting Adim on the program.

“I am honestly horrified that Lincoln,who was charged with indecent assault and battery, was allowed to go on the show,” wrote Ashley, adding:

“I do not understand how a serious crime like this was missed during background checks.”

It’s a pretty good question, isn’t it?

Lincoln, 26

Spivey did later qualify her stance.

She said that she doesn’t think ABC purposely let someone with this history on the series; she doesn’t think this was some ratings ploy.

She just chalks it up to negligence instead.

“Let me be clear that I do not think production would ever allow this for drama purposes,” added Spivery.

“I really think it is a huge problem for whoever does the background checks into the contestants.”

spivey tweet

By law, the district attorney’s office adds of Lincoln, without providing exact details of what the reality star did, “he is expected to register as a sex offender.” 

Yikes.

Last month, Yrigoyen apologized after garnering backlash for Liking offensive posts on social media that mocked the transgender community, a Parkland high school shooting survivor, undocumented immigrants and more.

Kufrin came out and defended Garrett in the wake of this scandal.

“I want viewers to be open to everyone, and I want them to go through this season with me and watch my love story unfold with all of these men,” she said a few weeks ago. “Because that’s how I went into this journey.

And we think we know why she said this.

Visit our section of The Bachelorette spoilers and you’ll know why as well!

View Slideshow: The Bachelorette Fans Got So Mad at Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un Last Night

The Hollywood Gossip

Man Convicted Of Murdering Ex-Girlfriend After Stabbing The Teen 32 Times Because She Dumped Him

A 23-year-old man was convicted of murdering his teenage ex-girlfriend by stabbing her 32 times after she broke up with him and soon began dating someone else.

Nikolas Lacrosse (above, insert) was found guilty on Wednesday of first-degree murder in the death of Kathryn Mauke (above), who was discovered dead on her kitchen floor in February 2015.

Mauke broke up with Lacrosse a month before she was killed. She was dating another person at the time of her death, according to MassLive.com.

Related: Moses Farrow Shares HIS Side Of Woody Allen Accusation

The defense argued that Lacrosse was not criminally responsible for the killing because he was in a dissociative state when he committed the murder.

Lacrosse claimed he went over to Mauke’s house that day for “clarification” on why she broke up with him. But prosecutors argued that Lacrosse stabbed her 32 times with the intent to kill.

Assistant District Attorney Mary Sandstrom told jurors during her closing arguments Tuesday:

“The defendant used a level of severity reserved only for cold-blooded murderers. He wanted her dead. He wanted to make sure of it.”

Sentencing will take place Thursday, although first-degree murder charges carry a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole.

It is unclear if Lacrosse plans to appeal the conviction.

[Image via Springfield Police Department/Facebook.]

PerezHilton

G-Eazy ‘Convicted’ Of Assault & Drug Possession Charges — But Will Serve NO Jail Time!

G-Eazy is a free man!

The No Limit rapper has been released from custody days after being arrested in Sweden for assault and drug possession. His Swedish lawyer, Mikael Westerlund, tells The Blast that the 28-year-old was “convicted” of the charges but will serve no jail time.

Related: Middle School Coach Arrested On Meth Charge

It’s unclear what his punishment will be aside from paying fines — but Westerlund confirmed that Eazy is heading out of jail and planning on leaving the country ASAP.

After he was arrested at a Stockholm nightclub for assaulting a security guard, authorities found 1.5 grams of cocaine and a rolled up $ 100 bill on the performer. Eazy admitted to purchasing and using the drugs during an interview with police, as well as clocking the guard in the face.

According to the police report, the attacked guard noticed a fight going down in the V.I.P. room of the Solidaritet club Wednesday morning. The brawl allegedly began after a fan kept pestering the artist for a photo.

Related: Black Men Arrested At Starbucks Settle Lawsuit — For $ 2!!!

When the guard stepped in to stop the altercation, it’s said he was struck by the rapper 3 to 4 times, causing “swelling and pain.” The guard reportedly wrestled Eazy to the ground and was able to subdue him.

Police noted that the performer showed visible signs of drug use, including “tense, convulsive jaw muscles” and “white powder on the nose.” They described his demeanor as “insane, crazy and rabid.”

We now expect G-Eazy to start referring to himself as an insane, crazy, rabid fuckin’ gemini.

[Image via Ivan Nikolov/WENN.]

PerezHilton

Man Convicted of ‘Online’ Rape for Coercing Teens Into Sexual Acts

(COPENHAGEN, Denmark) — A 41-year-old Swedish man was convicted of rape and sentenced to 10 years in prison Thursday for coercing young teenagers in Canada, Britain and the United States to perform sexual acts in front of webcams by threatening them or their families.

A court in Uppsala, Sweden found Bjorn Samstrom guilty of online sexual offenses involving 27 juvenile victims between 2015 and early 2017. Samstrom threatened to post photos of the 26 girls and one boy on pornography sites or to kill their relatives unless they performed sex acts as he watched from Sweden, prosecutors said.

The court said that while Samstrom never met his victims in person, he was guilty of rape, sexual coercion and other charges.

It was the first time in Sweden that a person was convicted of rape for offenses that took place over the internet. Under Swedish law, rape doesn’t have to include intercourse, but can be an act considered equally violating.

Samstrom admitted coercing the teens — all under age 15 at the time — but denied his actions constituted rape.

“He has been convicted of crimes which he does not consider he is guilty of. So it is very possible that he appeals,” defense lawyer Kronje Samuelsson told Swedish news agency TT.

Samstrom also was convicted of child pornography possession because he saved recordings of his victims, according to the court’s written ruling.

The court also ordered him to pay damages to victims who have been identified and claimed compensation, totaling 1.1 million kronor ($ 131,590.)

Samstrom’s 20-day trial was held behind closed doors to protect the victims’ identities. Prosecutor Annika Wennerstrom had requested a 10-year prison sentence.

Samstrom lived alone near Uppsala, some 70 kilometers (43.4 miles) north of Stockholm. The court noted he also drank “large amounts of alcohol.”

The Swedish case came to light when Samstrom was being investigated for another alleged sex crime and police found videos at his home of girls speaking English.

Swedish investigators contacted counterparts in Canada, Britain and the United States, who located 18 of the 26 girls and interviewed them. None were present at the trial, but their videos recording their testimony were played in court.

The other nine victims never were identified.


TIME

Brazil’s Former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva Convicted of Corruption and Money Laundering

(RIO DE JANEIRO) — Former Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva was found guilty of corruption and money laundering Wednesday and sentenced to almost 10 years in prison, the highest-profile conviction yet in the sprawling graft investigation that has jailed dozens of Brazil’s elite.

The decision by Judge Sergio Moro was widely expected, even by Silva’s own defense team, but was still stunning. The charismatic leader left office on Dec. 31, 2010, with sky-high popularity and is credited with pulling millions of Brazilians out of poverty and turning Latin America’s largest nation into an important player on the world stage.

Brazil’s first working class president will remain free while an appeal is heard, but he is now also the country’s first ex-president to be convicted in a criminal proceeding at least since democracy was restored in the 1980s.

In many quarters, the man known to Brazilians simply as Lula remains revered — both for his economic policies and his role in fighting for democracy during the country’s dictatorship. The 71-year-old has been considered a front-runner for next year’s presidential election.

Silva’s defense team issued a scathing statement after the ruling, calling the charges an attack on democracy and vowing to prove the former president’s innocence.

“President Lula has been the victim of lawfare, the use of the law for political ends, the famous method used to brutal effect in various dictatorships throughout history,” the lawyers said.

The case is part of the huge “Operation Car Wash” corruption investigation centered on state-run oil giant Petrobras that has led to the convictions of dozens of business executives and politicians, and threatens current President Michel Temer.

Silva was accused of receiving a beachfront apartment and repairs to the property as kickbacks from construction company OAS. Silva never owned the apartment, but prosecutors argued it was intended for him. Prosecutors also alleged that OAS paid to store Silva’s belongings, but Moro dismissed that part of the case.

Silva also faces charges in four other cases. The former union leader has said all the charges are completely unfounded, and his defiant testimony in the case decided Wednesday was billed as a showdown between himself and Moro. Both men are viewed as national heroes by some parts of Brazilian society.

“The present conviction does not bring this judge any personal satisfaction. Quite the contrary, it is regrettable that a former president be criminally convicted,” Moro wrote in his decision. “It doesn’t matter how high you are, the law is still above you.”

Moro said he did not order Silva’s immediate arrest because the conviction of a president is such a serious matter that he felt the former leader’s appeal should be heard first.

“This makes Lula’s situation much worse since it is much more than a mere investigation,” said Claudio Couto, a political science professor at Fundacao Getulio Vargas, a Sao Paulo-based university and think tank. “But now he will do something he likes: Until the appeal is decided, he will rally his allies and supporters against a decision that is controversial.”

A few hundred supporters gathered in Sao Paulo on Wednesday night to denounce the ruling, while a smaller group of people took to the streets to celebrate Silva’s conviction.

“It was an obviously political decision to prevent Lula from becoming president,” said Armando Teixeira, an unemployed auto worker. “Everyone knows he will win if he runs.”

The case now goes before a group of magistrates. If they uphold the conviction, Brazilian law says Silva would be barred from seeking office. In addition to sentencing Silva to 9 1/2 years in prison, Moro also ruled that the politician should be barred from public office for 19 years.

The prosecutor’s office that handled the case said it would appeal the sentence to ask for it to be increased.

Silva’s presidency coincided with an economic boom fueled by high commodity prices and he used the profits to fund generous social programs that made him a hero among Brazil’s poor. He left office with popularity ratings of up to 87 percent and Brazilians elected his hand-picked successor, Dilma Rousseff, to succeed him.

But a subsequent fall in commodity prices and economic mismanagement by Silva and Rousseff led Brazil’s economy to implode, and with it Rousseff’s popularity. Rousseff was later impeached and replaced by Temer.

The news of Silva’s conviction took the focus off of Temer, who himself is accused of taking bribes from a meatpacking executive in exchange for helping the company obtain favorable government decisions. Temer denies wrongdoing, and the lower house of Congress will decide if he should be suspended from office and put on trial.

A close Temer ally got some relief Wednesday. A judge ordered former Legislative Affairs Minister Geddel Vieira Lima released from jail and instead put under house arrest while he faces an obstruction of justice charge.

___

Associated Press writer Mauricio Savarese reported this story in Rio de Janeiro and AP writer Sarah DiLorenzo reported from Sao Paulo. AP writer Stan Lehman in Sao Paulo contributed to this report.


TIME

‘Serial’ Subject Adnan Syed Granted a New Trial 16 Years After Being Convicted of Ex-Girlfriend’s Murder

Adnan Syed is getting another shot at freedom. The subject of the first season of the widely popular podcast Serial was granted a new trial by a Baltimore judge on Thursday, June 30.

Syed’s lawyer C. Justin Brown announced the news on Twitter, confirming that Judge Martin P. Welch of t…

This article originally appeared on www.usmagazine.com: ‘Serial’ Subject Adnan Syed Granted a New Trial 16 Years After Being Convicted of Ex-Girlfriend’s Murder

Us Weekly Latest Celebrity News

Father Defends Stanford Student Son Convicted of Sexual Assault, Calls Rape ’20 Minutes of Action’

Brock Turner, a former swimmer at Stanford University, was convicted on Thursday, June 2, of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman near a Dumpster. The 20-year-old from Dayton, Ohio, was sentenced to six months of jail and three months of probation because the judge believed a longer sentence would have “a severe impact” on him.

This article originally appeared on www.usmagazine.com: Father Defends Stanford Student Son Convicted of Sexual Assault, Calls Rape ’20 Minutes of Action’

Us Weekly Latest Celebrity News