Stormy Daniels has another war on her hands — now her ex-attorney’s suing her for claiming he was a “puppet” who colluded with Donald Trump and Michael Cohen. Keith Davidson responded to Stormy’s lawsuit with one of his own. As we reported,…
(Reuters) – Steve Wynn, who resigned in February as chief executive of Wynn Resorts Ltd following allegations of sexual misconduct, has filed a defamation lawsuit against a former employee of the casino company, the Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Sandy Hook Parents File Defamation Lawsuit Against Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Over Calling The 2012 Shooting A Hoax!
The parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre have had enough of Alex Jones accusing them of being “crisis actors.”
Two defamation lawsuits were filed on Monday against the InfoWars host, accusing Jones, a popular conspiracy theorist who has claimed the 2012 shooting was a hoax, of peddling lies that have resulted in death threats.
The lawsuits — filed by Neil Heslin (above, right), the father of a 6-year-old boy killed in the shooting, and Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, whose child Noah was also killed — are seeking more than $ 1 million in damages from Jones, InfoWars, and Free Speech Systems LLC.
Mark Bankston, the lawyer handling the cases for the parents, told HuffPost:
“Even after these folks had to experience this trauma, for the next five years they were tormented by Alex Jones with vicious lies about them. And these lies were meant to convince his audience that the Sandy Hook parents are frauds and have perpetrated a sinister lie on the American people.”
There are at least two other cases that accuse Jones of defamation.
Over the past few years, Jones has regularly perpetuated the conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook shooting, which left more than 20 people dead, was staged by the government. Like other conspiracy theorists, he has claimed that the parents of the child victims were merely crisis actors hired to sell the story.
He claimed in November 2016:
“The only problem is, I’ve watched a lot of soap operas, and I’ve seen actors before. And I know when I’m watching a movie and when I’m watching something real.”
Bankston, however, insists the parents are nothing but “genuine.” He told the publication:
“Anyone, parents or not, who spends 15 minutes talking to one of these parents will understand immediately how vile this lie was, and how genuine their pain is.”
Most recently, the InfoWars host has set his sights on Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg, whom he has also accused of being a “crisis actor.”
Um… okay Jones.[Image via InfoWars/CNN.]
Former Miami Dolphins cornerback Dimitri Patterson is suing ESPN for $ 50 million claiming the network defamed him in a 2017 article saying he was in custody after a “courtroom escape attempt.” The article — published on August 15, 2017 — says…
Crystal Castles Singer Says Former Bandmate Raped Her At Just 15 Years Old — Now He’s Hitting Back With A Defamation Lawsuit!
The split between founding members of Crystal Castles has gone from contentious to criminal.
Last week, singer Alice Glass accused former bandmate and ex-boyfriend Ethan Kath (real name Claudio Palmieri) of years of rape and abuse. Now Kath is hitting back with a defamation lawsuit.
How did all this start?
Glass quit the band in 2014, after which Kath released a new song — and with it a statement greatly diminishing Glass’s previous role as just a sometime vocalist who didn’t even appear on all the band’s “best known songs.”
She responded on Twitter that “manipulative statements about my contributions to the band only reinforce the decision I made to move on to other things.” Things got worse from there.
It wasn’t for another couple years that Glass released a lengthy public statement on October 24, accusing Kath of sexually exploiting and abusing her from the time she was in 10th grade, writing:
“The first time he took advantage of me was when I was around 15. He was 10 years older than me. I came to in the back of his car extremely intoxicated (from drinks he had given me that night)… Over a period of many months, he gave me drugs and alcohol and had sex with me in an abandoned room at an apartment he managed. It wasn’t always consensual and he remained sober whenever we were together.”
Glass says the abuse continued over the years even as they gained some celebrity for their band:
“He became physically abusive. He held me over a staircase and threatened to throw me down it. He picked me up over his shoulders and threw me onto concrete. He took pictures of my bruises and posted them online. I tried to leave, and he swore that it would never happen again, that he would never physically abuse me again. More severe psychological and emotional abuse took its place.
He controlled everything I did. I wasn’t allowed to have my own phone or my own credit card, he decided who my friends were, read through my private emails, restricted my access to social media, regulated everything I ate. He berated me and yelled at me, telling me that I was a joke, that all the people that came to our shows were only interested in his instrumentals and that I was ruining the band. He broke glass shower doors to frighten me, he locked me into rooms. He told me that my feminism made me a target for rapists and only he could protect me. He forced me to have sex with him or, he said, I wouldn’t be allowed to be in the band anymore.”
After the band’s manager denied having any knowledge of the nature of their relationship, Glass brought the receipts on Instagram, posting:
THIS KEEPS GETTING REMOVED SO I WILL KEEP POSTING IT. I will not be silenced by abuse and rape apologists. please repost My former manager, James Sandom, who managed Crystal Castles for some time recently released a misleading statement to the Telegraph UK saying that the nature of my personal relationship with Claudio was “never fully clear.” I would like to set the record straight that James was very aware that I was in a personal relationship with Claudio for years, and in these corresponding emails he calls Claudio’s treatment of me DOMESTIC ABUSE. James says “I’ve had enough of this shit” because this was not an isolated incident. It was something I experienced repeatedly. The abuse that I endured was not only physical and mental from Claudio, but also seen in the negligence of those who were firsthand witnesses and did not speak up. I encourage everyone out there to help anyone that they feel is in an abusive relationship. All it takes is one person to help.A post shared by @_alice_glass on Nov 1, 2017 at 7:19pm PDT
On Friday, Kath responded to the accusations by writing on the band’s Facebook account:
“Alice and I had a long ongoing relationship both personal and professional. When she suddenly left Crystal Castles to handle her mental health issues and substance abuse issues I fully supported her. I will continue to support her quest to wellness but I can’t support extortion, false claims, and accusations put forth after the band attained new success without her. False allegations take away voice from true victims and that’s what saddens me most about all of this.”
TMZ reports Kath has now filed a defamation lawsuit against Glass, claiming that her accusations cost the band $ 300,000 as their entire tour was canceled over the controversy.
These are some very serious charges; we’ll keep you up to date as more comes to light…[Image via Last Gang Records.]
Ethan Kath, a member of the band Crystal Castles, has filed a defamation lawsuit against a former member who claimed he raped her. Ethan had dated Alice Glass — then a member of the duo — but they broke up and Glass went on the attack. She claimed…
Brett Ratner is suing a woman who claims the director raped her in L.A. over a decade ago … calling the allegations a total lie. According to the suit … Melanie Kohler claimed in an October 20 Facebook post, “Brett Ratner raped me” and continued…
Frank Ocean’s father got his day in court and lost the defamation suit he filed against his son for calling him a bigot. The singer’s dad, Calvin Cooksey, had sued him … claiming Frank defamed him with a social media post recalling a story from…
Ciara has dropped her $ 15 million defamation lawsuit against baby daddy Future … TMZ has learned. The singer just filed legal docs in Superior Court in Fulton County, GA, ending her case which was triggered by a radio interview Future did followed…
Burke Ramsey Files $750 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against CBS For Speculating He Killed JonBenét In True Crime Special!
Burke Ramsey is angry.
The 29-year-old wasn’t the biggest fan of CBS‘s two-part special The Case of: JonBenét Ramsey, mostly because the show’s panel of experts speculated he was the one who killed his 6-year-old sister JonBenét back in 1996.
Burke immediately lawyered up after the true crime special theorized he, then 9, fatally bashed his younger sister in the head and that their parents, John and Patsy, may have covered up the crime.
The Colorado native has already filed a lawsuit against Dr. Werner Spitz, one of the program’s leading investigators, for painting him as a homicidal child.
And even though the network “stands by its broadcast,” Burke is still taking CBS to court for a second defamation lawsuit!
According to documents obtained by the Associated Press, JonBenét’s older brother is suing the network for $ 750 million to “redress the permanent damage to his reputation resulting from defendants’ false accusation that he killed his sister, JonBenét Ramsey.”
Burke was exonerated of the unsolved murder by DNA evidence in 1999, and his parents were also removed from the suspect list in 2008.
The case is still unsolved — but with new, more sophisticated DNA tests being recently ordered on the victim’s clothes, this decades-old case could be heating up again real soon!
If Burke truly has nothing to hide, which seems to be the case based on his lawsuits, this new evidence may finally clear his name from speculation.[Image via YouTube.]
An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but fake, hurtful stories don’t!
According to the Daily Mail, Dr. Phil has filed a $ 250 million defamation lawsuit against American Media (AMI) — the company that owns the National Enquirer — for publishing 80 false stories over 13 years, notably about him and wife Robin McGraw‘s marriage.
The daytime star has had enough of the BS and wants the company to pay! He said:
“Enough is enough, it’s time for them to own up… As a member of the media, I have a deep respect for the First Amendment. But it does not protect these people who knowingly print lies for money, particularly lies about my wife.”
According to his lawyer L. Lin Wood, the company deserves to go under for what they do to society!
“If you ask me professionally, I would like nothing more than to see this company put out of business… They serve no legitimate purpose in society.”
In all of their stories, the National Enquirer asserts that Phil and his wife are on the brink of divorce. However, according to Wood, it’s all lies!
“Dr. and Mrs. McGraw are role models for the happily married… There has never been talk of divorce or even separation.”
In fact, the couple are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary next month!
Ultimately, they are using the lawsuit to bring an end to fake, malicious stories!
The lawyer said:
“Most individuals will not sue and will look the other way and ring up a false story about them as part of the cost of being a celebrity… But somebody has to say, “No more”… Dr. McGraw and his wife feel that the time has come when the line has been crossed.”‘
AMI have yet to release a statement.[Image via WENN.]
With each day that’s passed since Amber Heard filed for divorce from Johnny Depp, a new, more heated story has emerged.
Heard accused Depp of committing acts of domestic violence against her in their marriage, and a number of his friends and associates have rushed to his defense.
In a scathing counter-allegation targeted at Heard, comedian Doug Stanhope accused the actress of trying to blackmail Depp in hopes of a juicy divorce settlement.
Stanhope, a close friend of Depp’s who claimed he was with the couple on the day of the alleged abuse, paints Heard in a malignant light.
“Amber was now going to leave him, threatening to lie about him publicly in any and every possible duplicitous way if he didn’t agree to her terms,” Stanhope wrote in a column for The Wrap.
Heard is not taking the accusations lightly.
She has now filed a defamation lawsuit against the comic, claiming everything he said in the article was false.
An attorney for Heard gave a statement to E! News:
“The Complaint alleges that Stanhope is a close friend of Johnny Depp and, as part of a coordinated effort, wrote a highly defamatory article about Ms. Heard, filled with completely false, highly defamatory and very hurtful statements.
“Ms. Heard seeks the maximum possible jury award, and will donate 100 percent of the proceeds from the lawsuit to Chrysalis, a domestic violence shelter in Arizona, in an effort to counter the setback made to women by the defendants’ defamatory article and related wrongful acts.”
ln addition, court documents state the following:
“Defendants are engaged in a classic case of ‘attacking the victim,’ in an effort to discredit Heard, destroy her good name and reputation, and severely harm her hard-earned entertainment career, on top of the campaign of violence that Depp has inflicted upon her for years.”
This new development is the latest in a string of he said-she said accounts in which one party accuses the other of lying.
Earlier this week, leaked text messages from Heard to Depp’s assistant Stephen Deuters revealed a conversation that seemed to confirm an abusive incident from two years ago.
But shortly after the leak, Deuters claimed no such texts existed and he was not aware of any abuse in the marriage.
The only thing we know for sure in this case is that someone is lying, but at this juncture, it’s impossible to know who.
While friends and fans are all taking sides in the matter, the fact remains that the only people who know what truly happened are Heard and Depp.
Blake Shelton Denies Having A Drinking Problem & Going To Rehab In His $2 Million Defamation Lawsuit!
Blake Shelton usually has no problem joking about ridiculous tabloid stories.
But when headlines say he’s an alcoholic or in need of rehab help, they’re no longer a laughing matter to the country crooner.
ICYMI, back in October, the 39-year-old sued In Touch Weekly for $ 2 million dollars because a story they ran — and have since removed from their website — claimed that he checked into a treatment facility for alcoholism.
Now, Gwen Stefani‘s main main has filed a legal declaration adamantly denying the alleged libelous accusations made on the issue’s cover, saying:
“Not only was I not in rehab or headed to rehab when it was published, but I also do not have a drinking problem. All of this was false and went so far beyond prior stories about me that I had previously denied with humor.”
The soulful singer fought back against the mag’s scandalous statements, adding:
“I do not drink excessively, binge drink, or have a drinking problem. I do not, as the Rehab Story alleges, drink vodka before 11:00 a.m. I am never drunk, intoxicated, or unable to perform my job on The Voice or elsewhere.”
In the docs, the Oklahoma native also denied his reported drunken habits:
“I do not slur my words or stumble when I drink. I have never urinated on a mailbox in public, or otherwise. I did not start drinking at 14. I did not start drinking as a teenager. I did not start drinking to cope with my brother’s death.”
And, he lashed out against claims that excessive drinking, partying, and infidelity led to his divorce with Miranda Lambert:
“My ex-wife Miranda Lambert did not catch me with a bunch of naked women in our Tennessee home one night.”
The reality TV judge also says he did NOT turn to booze to cope with the end of their relationship:
“Ms. Lambert did not tape me while drinking and then show me a video of myself the following day. During our marriage, Ms. Lambert never begged, demanded, or asked me to go to rehab…I did not handle my first divorce by drinking, nor has my drinking increased or escalated since my divorce from Ms. Lambert.”
Just last month, Bauer Media had filed a motion to strike the lawsuit, saying that Blake owns up to his drinking habits on Twitter all the time:
“Shelton ignores that he has staked his reputation on heavy drinking: he tweets more than 15 million Twitter followers almost daily with messages crowing about how much he drinks and is famous for his signature Twitter tagline, ‘Drunk.'”
But in his latest legal rebuttal, the celeb clarified that those posts are “part of my schtick with my fans” and “in no way indicates that I have an actual problem with alcohol.”
If you’re dying to know some of the things In Touch had said, you can ch-ch-check out the controversial cover (below):
So far, the magazine has no comment on Blake’s declaration.[Images via In Touch Weekly, Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.]
Kesha’s mom did not engage in a smear campaign against famed producer Dr. Luke — his lawsuit which claimed that has been dismissed. A judge in NY State tossed the case on Wednesday. This legal battle’s been going on since October 2014, when Luke…