Hook

‘Evil Genius’ Director Trey Borzillieri Says Floyd Stockton Shouldn’t Be Off the Hook

Trey Borzillieri — one of the directors of Netflix’s hit documentary ‘Evil Genius’ — believes investigators need to take another look at the notorious case … because the show exposed some major lies. If you aren’t familiar … ‘Evil Genius’ is…

TMZ.com

Sandy Hook Parents File Defamation Lawsuit Against Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Over Calling The 2012 Shooting A Hoax!

The parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre have had enough of Alex Jones accusing them of being “crisis actors.”

Two defamation lawsuits were filed on Monday against the InfoWars host, accusing Jones, a popular conspiracy theorist who has claimed the 2012 shooting was a hoax, of peddling lies that have resulted in death threats.

Related: Handmaid’s Tale Author Says Star Wars Inspired 9/11!

The lawsuits — filed by Neil Heslin (above, right), the father of a 6-year-old boy killed in the shooting, and Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, whose child Noah was also killed — are seeking more than $ 1 million in damages from Jones, InfoWars, and Free Speech Systems LLC.

Mark Bankston, the lawyer handling the cases for the parents, told HuffPost:

“Even after these folks had to experience this trauma, for the next five years they were tormented by Alex Jones with vicious lies about them. And these lies were meant to convince his audience that the Sandy Hook parents are frauds and have perpetrated a sinister lie on the American people.”

There are at least two other cases that accuse Jones of defamation.

Over the past few years, Jones has regularly perpetuated the conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook shooting, which left more than 20 people dead, was staged by the government. Like other conspiracy theorists, he has claimed that the parents of the child victims were merely crisis actors hired to sell the story.

Related: Laura Ingraham Loses Advertisers After Attacking David Hogg

He claimed in November 2016:

“The only problem is, I’ve watched a lot of soap operas, and I’ve seen actors before. And I know when I’m watching a movie and when I’m watching something real.”

Bankston, however, insists the parents are nothing but “genuine.” He told the publication:

“Anyone, parents or not, who spends 15 minutes talking to one of these parents will understand immediately how vile this lie was, and how genuine their pain is.”

Most recently, the InfoWars host has set his sights on Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg, whom he has also accused of being a “crisis actor.”

Um… okay Jones.

[Image via InfoWars/CNN.]

PerezHilton

Shepard Smith Isn't Letting Trump Off The Hook For Gun Control Reversal

Shepard Smith Isn't Letting Trump Off The Hook For Gun Control ReversalFox News host Shepard Smith called out President Donald Trump on Monday for backpedaling on his vow to reform gun control. After publicly stating earlier this month that the National Rifle Association had little power over him, the president tweeted Monday that the White House would support NRA-approved gun control measures, which include arming teachers and a limited expansion of background checks. Trump said there was not “much political support” for raising the age limit to purchase firearms from 18 to 21 years old.



Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines

Donald Trump Goes After Anna Wintour, Apparently Confusing Vanity Fair With Vogue — And Twitter Is NOT Letting Him Off The Hook!

So remember how Vanity Fair got raked over the coals for putting out a video suggesting Hillary Clinton should “take up knitting” rather than run for President again?

Well, apparently our Commander-In-Chief wanted to get in on the fun of bashing a media organization — but of course he couldn’t defend Hillary…

Related: Mike Huckabee Schooled On Twitter After Comparing Trump To Churchill!

That conundrum must have left Donald Trump‘s addled brain a little tuckered out because the slam that did come out was a garbled mess — in which he said Anna Wintour is “begging for forgiveness.”

But, um, Wintour is the editor-in-chief of Vogue, not VF. For nearly 30 years. Everyone knows that. Surely he doesn’t think the artistic director of Condé Nast would be at all responsible a little video from another magazine, right?

See this ignoramus’ mess of a gloat — and all the HIGHlarious Twitter reactions (below):

Aw. He probably thought he was being so sophisticated tweeting that while washing down his well-done steak and ketchup with his 12th Diet Coke of the day.

See what everyone else thought…

[Image via Newspix.pl/JLN Photography/Lia Toby/WENN.]

PerezHilton

Ryan Lochte Is Off The Hook For Lying About Rio Robbery!

Ryan Lochte can breathe a sigh of relief…

As we reported, during the Rio Olympics last summer, the swimmer lied to authorities when he said he was robbed at gunpoint by men pretending to be cops. In actuality, the “robbers” were gas station security guards who stopped Lochte and teammates Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger, and Jimmy Feigen for vandalizing property.

Video: Olympic Runner Helps Competitor Up After They Both Trip!

The gold medalist was charged with falsely reporting a crime.

Fast forward to Friday, the 32-year-old has been cleared of all charges.

According to the judge, Lochte told the fabricated story AFTER cops approached him for questioning. Thus, he never set out to lie.

Since the incident, the athlete got engaged to model Kayla Rae Reid in October 2016, and they had their first child Caiden Zane Lochte in June of this year.

[Image via PNP/WENN.]

PerezHilton

Kendall Jenner’s Trespasser Found NOT Guilty Of Stalking… But He’s Not Completely Off The Hook!

We guess we can’t call him Kendall Jenner‘s stalker anymore!

On Monday, the jury returned the verdict for Shavaughn McKenzie, the man who was arrested after following the reality star onto her property.

Related: Kendall Opens Up About Her Trespassing Incident!

It turns out that the jury found Shavaughn NOT guilty for stalking! But, the 25-year-old isn’t entirely off the hook. He was found guilty of trespassing.

But, considering Miz Jenner had “never been so scared” after the incident, we can’t imagine the 20-year-old is super comfortable with the verdict.

Shavaughn will be sentenced on November 11.

[Image via WENN.]

PerezHilton

Hillary Clinton’s New Ad Starring The Daughter Of Deceased Sandy Hook Principal Will Bring You To Tears! WATCH HERE!

This absolutely touched our hearts!

On Tuesday, Hillary Clinton released her latest ad featuring Erica Smegielski, the daughter of deceased Sandy Hook Elementary School principal Dawn Hochsprung.

Related: Hillary Clinton Visits The View

In the moving clip, Smegielski believes the former Secretary of State is the only candidate who can reform gun laws.

She said:

“No more families should have to go through what we have. Hillary Clinton is the only candidate that has what it takes to take on the gun lobby. No one is fighting harder to reform our gun laws than Hillary.”

In fact, Clinton and Erica’s mother are both strong-willed and strong-minded women.

“She reminds me of my mother: she isn’t scared of anything. And that’s how I know she is the person who can actually make a difference.”

When the 68-year-old won the New York Primary Tuesday night, she dedicated the final portion of her speech to Erica.

“You know, like the mothers of Eric Garner and Trayvon Martin and so many others, Erica has turned her sorrow into a strategy and her mourning into a movement.”

To see the clip, ch-ch-check it out (below) .

[Image via WENN.]

PerezHilton