Lincoln

‘Bachelorette’ Contestant Lincoln Lied About Assault Past, Warner Bros. Says

The Bachelorette’s production company is speaking out following the news that Lincoln Adim, a contestant on Becca Kufrin’s season, was convicted of assault and battery following an incident that occurred two years before filming for season 14 the show.

12 Times ‘The Bachelor’ Made Our Heads Explode!

“No one on The Bachelorette production had any knowledge about the incident or charges when Lincoln Adim was cast, and he himself denied ever having engaged in or having been charged with any sexual misconduct,” Warner Bros. told Us Weekly in a statement. “We employ a well-respected and highly experienced third party who has done thousands of background checks consistent with industry standards to do a nationwide background check in this case.”

The statement continued: “The report we received did not reference any incident or charge relating to the recent conviction – or any other charges relating to sexual misconduct. We are currently investigating why the report did not contain this information, which we will share when we have it.”

lincoln-becca-the-bachelorette
Lincoln and Becca Kufrin on The Bachelorette ABC/Paul Hebert

On Wednesday, June 13, Jake Wark, press secretary for the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office confirmed to Us that on May 21, Adim was found guilty of indecent assault and battery for groping and assaulting a female on a cruise ship in May 2016.

Relive the Most Intense ‘Bachelor’ and ‘Bachelorette’ Scandals of All Time

“He was sentenced to one year in a house of correction, with that term suspended for a two-year probationary period,” Wark told Us. The Bachelorette premiered on May 28, just seven days later. If Admin, 26, follows the terms of the sentencing, he will not have to serve time, “but if he fails to comply with those orders or re-offends, he could be ordered to serve out the year behind bars. By law, he is expected to register as a sex offender,” Wark noted.

The account sales executive, who is still competing on The Bachelorette, was ordered “to stay away from the victim and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings per week during those two years,” according to Wark.

Hollywood’s Sexual Misconduct Scandals

Kufrin, 28, has not yet commented on the situation. Reality Steve was the first to break the news.

Celebrity News – Us Weekly

Lincoln Adim, Current Bachelorette Suitor, Convicted of Assault

Another week, another Bachelorette-based scandal.

And we’re not talking this time about who Becca Kufrin kissed and/or who she sent home on the latest episode of this ABC hit.

Instead, we’re talking about more scandalous behavior by one of the men vying for the heart of this season’s Bachelorette.

Lincoln on The Bachelorette

Following the reveal that Garrett Yrigoyen had shared many gross and inappropriate Instagram messages not long before he was cast on Season 14, we can now report that Lincoln Adim was convicted of indecent assault and batter…

… mere days before the new season premiered last month.

The conviction took place on May 21, with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office saying that Adim – who remains on the show through Episode 4 – groped and assaulted a woman in May of 2016 on board a cruise ship.

He was ultimately given two years probation for these acts.

Press Secretary Jake Wark of the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office has said the following to the media about what transpired with Lincoln in this case:

“The judge ordered him to stay away from the victim and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings per week during those two years.

“If he complies with the judge’s orders, he will not have to serve out his term, but if he fails to comply with those orders or re-offends, he could be ordered to serve out the year behind bars.”

Lincoln Meets Becca

So… a current suitor on the current season of The Bachelorette may face prison time for his inappropriate and illegal actions on board a cruise with a fellow passenger?!?

This is NOT a good look for the series.

Former Bachelor contestant Ashley Spivey wrote on Twitter Wednesday that she was disappointed in ABC and The Bachelor for permitting Adim on the program.

“I am honestly horrified that Lincoln,who was charged with indecent assault and battery, was allowed to go on the show,” wrote Ashley, adding:

“I do not understand how a serious crime like this was missed during background checks.”

It’s a pretty good question, isn’t it?

Lincoln, 26

Spivey did later qualify her stance.

She said that she doesn’t think ABC purposely let someone with this history on the series; she doesn’t think this was some ratings ploy.

She just chalks it up to negligence instead.

“Let me be clear that I do not think production would ever allow this for drama purposes,” added Spivery.

“I really think it is a huge problem for whoever does the background checks into the contestants.”

spivey tweet

By law, the district attorney’s office adds of Lincoln, without providing exact details of what the reality star did, “he is expected to register as a sex offender.” 

Yikes.

Last month, Yrigoyen apologized after garnering backlash for Liking offensive posts on social media that mocked the transgender community, a Parkland high school shooting survivor, undocumented immigrants and more.

Kufrin came out and defended Garrett in the wake of this scandal.

“I want viewers to be open to everyone, and I want them to go through this season with me and watch my love story unfold with all of these men,” she said a few weeks ago. “Because that’s how I went into this journey.

And we think we know why she said this.

Visit our section of The Bachelorette spoilers and you’ll know why as well!

View Slideshow: The Bachelorette Fans Got So Mad at Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un Last Night

The Hollywood Gossip

Parasite Kills About 80 Ducklings in Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool

The National Park Service will drain and clean the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool after finding that a parasite in the water killed about 80 ducklings.

Necropsies on the ducklings by U.S. Geological Survey’s National Wildlife Health Center found that a parasite growing in snails living in the pool has killed the young ducks since May 20. The pool should be refilled and operating by June 19, the National Park Service said.

Humans are at very low risk for contracting the parasite. People who come in contact with the parasite may develop an allergic reaction such as “swimmer’s itch,” according to the National Park Service.


TIME

Javi Marroquin: Ex Kailyn Lowry and I Have ‘Put Everything Behind Us’ for Son Lincoln

Moving on! Javi Marroquin took to Twitter to share that he and ex-wife Kailyn Lowry have put their tumultuous past behind them and are now focusing on their 3-year-old son, Lincoln.

The Teen Mom 2 star's comments came after a fan tried taunting him with a photo of Lowry, 25, posing at a

This article originally appeared on www.usmagazine.com: Javi Marroquin: Ex Kailyn Lowry and I Have ‘Put Everything Behind Us’ for Son Lincoln

Us Weekly Latest Celebrity News

Norman Reedus Pranks ‘Walking Dead’ Costar Andrew Lincoln With Explosive Glitter Attack

The most sparkly celeb feud ever! Norman Reedus pranked his Walking Dead costar Andrew Lincoln with an explosive glitter attack, which the Triple 9 actor documented via Instagram on Tuesday, July 19.

When Lincoln, 42, wasn’t watching, Reedus, 47, secretly filled the air vents of his castmate’s…

This article originally appeared on www.usmagazine.com: Norman Reedus Pranks ‘Walking Dead’ Costar Andrew Lincoln With Explosive Glitter Attack

Us Weekly Latest Celebrity News